Can I create a site account?
We recommend setting up a Shared Device instead of a site account.
On EMconnect version 6.0+, Site Managers have access to the Shared Device feature which will allow employees to access EMconnect on a shared device.
How to set up a shared device:
- A Site Manager will need to install the EMconnect app on the desired device and log in
- Tap the 'Account' icon and in 'Settings' scroll down to 'Setup as Shared Device'
- Tap the toggle button and select 'Yes' to turn the Shared Device feature on
- Tap your icon and set your temporary 4-digit PIN,
- Tap 'Add profile' and enter the employee's name and email or cell phone number, then select 'Save'
- Tap on the employee's icon and set a temporary 4-digit PIN
- Once you have set up your employee(s), tap 'Account', scroll down and 'Logout'
- Your employees can now tap on their profile icon to log in, they will need to enter their temporary 4-digit PIN and will be prompted to create a new PIN
Shared Accounts: Store registrations vs. Individual accounts
Here are some of the issues you may encounter if you attempt to create a site account:
- EMconnect app expects and verifies "First Name, Last Name" format - deviation from that format would present as missing data and registration would not complete (with incorrect data or incorrect format).
- Name field cannot use numbers or symbols as the name.
- If site users are not consistent in their format. e.g. “Shoprite 72_89327”, “Shoprite72_89327”, "Shop Rite 72_89327”. All would result in a data error.
- Individual training completion cannot be tracked through EMconnect with shared accounts.
NEW FEATURES available: Search (ALL) and NEW web admin reports (FMAs & BWAs). To access these features, update your app today!
Find your answer:
Search our extensive knowledge base to get the answer.
Need more help?
Tap the beacon (blue and white icon in the bottom right corner) and tap 'Ask' to submit your question to the EM